7.15.2010

boys like girls.

I am officially a groupie.
But when the man looks like this...how can you not be?

These past few weeks have just been so wild that i barely have time to breathe. There is so much I want to do with my time here, but I can't stop myself from socializing and being around all of the incredible people i keep meeting. Monash organizes some type of event basically every single night for us to do as well, so that doesn't help in the slightest.
In the past few weeks I have gone out just about every single night to some new fabulous place and have met people from all over the world. Pub crawls, special dinners, sporting events, massive movie nights--you name it, we're doing it. Top it off with participating in all of the other orientation activities and trying to get settled for school and ultimate exhaustion takes its toll.
This past week all of the DePaul kids went on different trips. Some to the Gold Coast and others went camping and exploring along the Great Ocean Road. Both seemed like absolutely amazing trips, but I just recently booked my spring break trip and we've been spending so much money here that I just wanted to chill out and enjoy Melbourne and Monash and all they have to offer.
Which, as you can tell, is not lacking in any way, shape or form.

Being the only DePaul girl left, I just spent a lot of time with all the lovely English girls, my beautiful French friend and of course, Indiana Tricia.

On Wednesday I went to a field hockey game against South Australia and Queensland. That was pretty interesting to see the differences between ice and field hockey and got to meet even more fantastic new people. From there, we had a nice dinner and downed some wine to gear us up for the pub crawl that took place that night. Met up with everyone else at Flinders station and hit the first place.

Near the end of the night, everyone was feeling pretty good and rowdy. Started chatting up a sexy crazy-haired, tattooed-up man thinking he was part of the Monash exchange group. Turns out he was the guitarist of Boys Like Girls. Who knew? Ha. A small group of us ended up hitting another pub after The Croft Institute shut down and had a few more drinks with the band.

Thursday night was when it really went down. The boys invited us to the show so we got in on the guest list for free. Ten of us girls dolled up and rocked out. Hit the Hi-Fi in downtown Melbourne for the concert and had a great time dancing around and watching beautiful men do work. I wasn't too into Boys Like Girls music before, but the sex appeal was enough to make me crazy.

Absolutely epic night. Truly, truly epic.

Just finished up some delicious Indian food courtesy of Keshav and hung around with some of the girlies + Chris & Kesh for a bit. Super sleepy so just having an early night in.

Healsville Wildlife Reserve in the morning! Can't wait to hold a koala. :)

That's all for now, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit me up.

friends&family.

search me.