8.09.2010

lost.


Struggling a bit today.
I didn't get much sleep last night. To-do lists, school, traveling plans and worries had me tossing and turning until nearly 5 in the morning.
Actually having to tackle the tedious, never-ending list was even worse than laying awake thinking about it.

A weird funk has kind of taken over me lately.
I don't know if it's just because school is getting to be a bit more difficult, or if all of our upcoming trips and activities have me stressing out, but I'm just not being my usual happy-go-lucky self.

Surely it's just a phase. Life wouldn't be life without ups and downs and twists and turns.
No matter what happens, it is not the end of the world.
Little obstacles may present themselves, but nothing is going to ruin this experience for me.
While Australia may be a bit more complicated than home (and sometimes I fail to see the logic of some people/situations), I'm sure I'll be able to feel my way out and make it through.

Feeling a bit lost and weird is normal.
Especially when you're thousands of miles away from home on basically the furthest most continent possible.
Still, it would be nice to have some people here to make the going a bit easier.
Always missing the fam.
A Braden kiss would be nice right now.
An Andrew Polski snuggle.
Gram's witty banter in person rather than just over Facebook posts.

But luckily, I've been doing this for a few years now.
While it doesn't always make it easier, at least I know I can survive it.
And when the going gets tough on my own, I know I have some exceptional and life-changing people already on my side to help me navigate through this crazy Australian adventure.
That's another post for another day.

And tomorrow is just that--another day that will hopefully be funk-free.
What do you know, tomorrow is Tuesday, which means FREE pancakes.
I'd say free pancakes = a pretty funk-free start to any day.
Sleep would probably help too.

Good night, Australia. Good morning, America.
Love you all, xo.

1 comment:

  1. I know just how you feel, girl. I think we're all getting out of the "honeymoon" stage with Australia and now we gotta find a way out of this funk! Let's just stick by each other and help each other out best we can.

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete

hit me up.

friends&family.

search me.