8.01.2010

inception.



Why is it so important to dream?”

Because, in my dreams we are together.”





Although sickness and over-exhaustion played a prominent part, the real reason I didn’t want to open my eyes that day was because I knew when I did, you wouldn’t be mine anymore.

You wouldn’t be there, holding me the way your delicate dream arms so lovingly wrapped and held me in.
The silently whispered “I love you’s” would be nothing more than fairy-tale language, manipulated by my own fantasy into exactly what I wanted to hear. Your warmth, smile, laugh—it would all be interrupted by the reality of our 10,000 mile emotional and physical distance.

Why is it that a continent and then some can’t even keep me away from you? Time zones, hours, new faces, new places, a WHOLE NEW WORLD, and you still seem to be the starring role in the one I continuously try to re-create for myself.

We don’t even know each other anymore. How can I still be so involved in someone who I see for a total of two or three months over a twelve month period? Why are my heart and mind still so invested? No matter how hard I try to tell myself something differently, the fact of the matter is:

You are still the last thing I see every time I close my eyes. And more often than not, you’re usually the first person I meet in the only place where it still makes sense for us to be together.

I guess you’re implanted in my head.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit me up.

friends&family.

search me.